Welcome to Gita Vidya Mandir (GVM)
G.V.M.G.C., a well established, prestigious and multi-faculty educational institute, is one of the prominent educational institutions in Northern India, accredited with the prestigious NAAC ’A’ Grade. Earning a reputation of ‘adding value to education’, the college has created a congenial academic ethos. At present, as many as 3975 students are availing the facility of higher education in the institute.
News & Announcements
News & Events
1st August, 2023
• Hawan Ceremony.
• Army Achievement Camp from 01.08.2023 to 12.08.2023 held at Ambala. Aarti and Jyoti got Ist Position in Volleyball and Basket Ball competition.
12th August, 2023
• Komal planted a tree under Green Volunteer Scheme of UOP.
• Rally was organized by Anti Ragging Cell under Anti Ragging Week.
14th August, 2023
• ‘Video Song Launch’ on Environment Protection organized by Eco Club.
15th August, 2023
• Independence Day celebrated by NSS unit, NCC Cadets, YRC team, UOP team.
17th August, 2023
• ‘Short Film Show’ organized by Anti Ragging Cell under Anti Ragging Week.
18th August, 2023
• YRC and Red Ribbon Club organized Awareness Camp entitled: ‘Mind and Balance: Navigating’.
• Prize Distribution Function on Closing Day of Anti Ragging Week.
• ‘TEEJ MAHOTSAV’ organized by PG department of Commerce.
25th August, 2023
• A session on screening of movie on anti-drug awareness entitled: ‘Say No to Narcotics’ organized by Youth against: Drug Club.
26th August, 2023
• Rakhi Making Competition organized by Swami Vivekanand Yuva Manch and a Seminar on ‘Vasudhev Kutumbkam’ was also held thereafter.
29th August, 2023
• ‘Drive against Alcohol and Drug Abuse’ organized by UOP and Youth against: Drug Club.
31st August, 2023
• Unit Level Poster Making Competition organized by NSS Unit.
1st September, 2023
• Installation Ceremony organized by Rotract Club of GVMGC.
• A Workshop on 5G organized by Computer Science department.
4th September, 2023
• One day Yoga Training Camp organized by NSS Unit.
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training Camp organized by YRC team in association with State Red Cross Society.
5th September, 2023
• Talent Show organized by Cultural Committee.
• Poster Making Competition organized by NSS team.
• Fims Swimming National Championship held from 03.09.2023 to 05.09.2023. Ishika from B.A.(Geog.Hons.) II got Gold Medal.
8th September, 2023
• Literacy Week celebrated from 01.09.2023 to 08.09.2023.
10th September, 2023
• State Power Lifting Competition held from 09.09.2023 to 10.09.2023 at Faridabad. Muskan Nandan from B.A.II got Silver Medal under-52 KG category.
11th September, 2023
• Poster Making Competition organized by BBA department.
• ‘World Suicide Prevention Day’ organized by Psychology department.
12th September, 2023
• Trail Camp for selection of NSS Volunteers (Female) for Pre-Republic Day Camp at M.D. University, Rohtak. Our 4 NSS Volunteers selected in this.
14th September, 2023
• Hindi Diwas was celebrated by Hindi department. State Level Story Writing Competition held on this occasion.
• ‘Tie and Dye and Sun Painting’ organized by Home Science department.
16th September, 2023
• Industrial Visit to Mother Dairy Plant, Patparganj, New Delhi by BBA students.
21st September, 2023
• District Level Essay Writing Competition for college level organized by Haryana State Council for Science Innovation and Technology, Govt. of Haryana.
• A Guest Lecture on ‘AWS-Amazon Web Services’ organized by Computer Science department. Resource Person: AWS Professionals – Mr. Rajeev Anand and Ms. Richa Tomar.
22nd September, 2023
• Webinar on ‘CSIR UGC NET: Windows to Opportunities’ organized by Biotechnology department.
25th September, 2023
• Celebration of ‘NSS Sthapna Diwas’ and Induction Orientation Programme on this day is organized by NSS Unit.
• Swachhta Abhiyan to spread awareness about Dengue in Village Lehrara organized by University Outreach Programme Team.
26th September, 2023
• G-20 University connect programme finale was held at Bharat Mandapam convention centre (Pragati Maidan, New Delhi). On this event Prime Minister Sh. Narender Modi interacted with VC’s, Principals, Faculty Members and students of different Colleges and Universities. Our college students and faculty members attended this programme online.
27th September, 2023
• District Level Quiz Competition organized by Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation and Technology, Govt. of Haryana.
28th September, 2023
• Fresher’s Party of Arts faculty.
29th September, 2023
• Fresher’s Party of Commerce faculty (B.Com., B.Com.(H), BBA, BCA) and Science faculty.
30th September, 2023
• Fresher’s Party of all PG faculty.
• A Blood Donation Camp is organized on ‘National Voluntary Blood Donation Day’ held at M.D. University, Rohtak. Our college YRC team attended this camp.
1st October, 2023
• ‘Swachhta hi Sewa Abhiyan’ (Swachhta and Shramdaan) awareness done by NSS, NCC, UOP team. On this day Essay Writing Competition and Declamation Contest is organized.
• A Workshop on 5G organized by Computer Science department.
• Rotract Club of GVMGC, Sonepat is going to celebrate Gandhi Jayanti and after that Stationary distribution will be done at Spread Smile Foundation.
3rd October, 2023
• Slogan Writing Competition and Poster Making Competition is organized on the occasion of World Voluntary Blood Donar Day organized by YRC team.
4th October, 2023
• NCC Refresher Course held at Gwalior held from 03.09.2023 to 04.10.2023. Lt. Priyanka got IInd Position.
8th October, 2023
• Open National Taekwondo Tournament held at Noida from 05.10.2023 to 08.10.2023. Ritika (BA II) got Gold Medal, Himanshi (BA II), Sonia (BA II) and Mitali (BA II) Deepanshu (BA III) got Silver Medal and Manju (BA II) got Bronze Medal.
10th October, 2023
• Literacy Campaign in Village Lehrara organized by University Outreach Programme team.
• Industrial visit at Centre Institute of Fishery, Lalhi, Rohtak by B.Sc.(Medical) students.
13th October, 2023
• Written Road Safety Quiz Competition organized by Road Safety (Suraksha Kawchh) Club.
• Kalash Yatra under Meri Mati Mera Desh Abhiyan organized by NSS Unit.
14th October, 2023
• Reel Making Competition under Youth Fest 2023-24 organized by Civil Surgeon, Sonipat and AIDS Control Society, Panchkula. Our YRC team students participated and win prizes.
17th October, 2023
• ‘Portray Your Model’ competition organized by PG department of Commerce.
19th October, 2023
• Three days Library Orientation Programme from 17.10.2023 to 19.10.2023.
20th October, 2023
• One Day Training Workshop on HIV/AIDS organized by YRC Team in collaboration with Civil Hospital, Sonipat and Haryana AIDS Control Society.
27th October, 2023
• Health Checkup Camp organized by YRC team.
29th October, 2023
• Memorial Cup Taekwondo Championship held at Rewari from 27.10.2023 to 29.10.2023. Himanshi (BA II) got got Ist Position (Under-67 kg) and Sanjana (BA III) got IInd Position (Under-57 kg).
30th October, 2023
• Bhawna Kaushik got IInd Position and Rs. 10,000/- Cash Prize in Online Singing Competition under Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat.
• Essay Writing Competition is organized by NSS Unit on 30.10.2023 under Khadi Mahotsav held from 02.10.2023 to 31.10.2023.
31st October, 2023
• District Level Online Essay Writing Competition organized by History department.
3rd November, 2023
• District Level Competitions i.e. Slogan Making Competition, Essay Writing Competition, Mehendi Competition, Quiz Competition, Declamation Competition and Skit Competition are held at GVMGC as per instructions by Election office.
6th November, 2023
• Visit to Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Jatwara by Home Science students for getting information about the Mid Day Meal.
7th November, 2023
• Seminar on Soil and Water Protection organized by Geography department.
8th November, 2023
• Science Exhibition organized by Biotechnology department.
• Educational Visit to Punjab University, Chandigarh by M.Sc.(Chem.) students.
9th November, 2023
• Diwali Sale Mela by special children organized by YRC team.
• Inter College Swimming Competition held at Sports Complex, M.D. University, Rohtak from 07.10.2023 to 09.10.2023. Ishika got three Silver Medals and one Bronze Medal.